STL Science Center

STL Science Center

07 January 2013

An Old Trend

I haven't had to post a "tribute" video for a while on a Monday, but I do today. Appalachiosaurus, in video terms, falls under a few of the "not film ready" dinosaur traps: 1) it is relatively new being described in 2005; 2) it is somewhat unheard of to the general public and thus demand of images of it are lower; 3) there have not been any dinosaur shows or specials that focus on its part of the world  ever, to my knowledge. Like Asian dinosaurs and my constant declaration that we need to have some more videos about Asian fauna in general, the Eastern US is fairly often completely ignored by prehistoric documentaries. The only ones I know of off the top of my head are the Prehistoric city series that Discovery aired a few years back which had episodes on New York and Washington DC. Perhaps, though, that is a stepping stone for future documentaries about the other half of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment